Wednesday 10 January 2024

Favourite visitors

Lucas also really wanted to show Tove the Louvre Abu Dhabi, which of course warmed my heart, and came up to the museum during one of my working days. My late afternoon looked clear, but then I got a last-minute tour, so they started by exploring the galleries by themselves.

I was so pleased to discover that they took their time, and had only made it half way by the time I was finished with my day and could join them. I could show them some of my favourite pieces and explain to Tove what the museum is all about.



Found some nice photo spots here too, but honestly, it is hard not to take great photos under this amazing dome.


We decided to go up to the Art Lounge to have a small snack, and to enjoy the drone show. We were really in the best seats for that - what a view!


Last time I saw the drone show it was already dark outside, so I enjoyed seeing it like this, during the sunset. It was really pretty, all the upcoming institutions on Saadiyat Island. 




 
Kathleen joined us as well. Here with a projection of the mosque at the Abrahamic Family House behind us.



Such a beautiful evening! I so enjoyed!
Since Kathleen and I had worked all day, we left the young ones in the Art Lounge and went home before them. They had come in their own car, so they could drive themselves home later, but it made me really happy they wanted to stay and enjoy a bit further.

No comments:

Post a Comment