Thursday 23 November 2023

Pitlane Walk

We've almost lived here 10 years, and I still haven't really been to the F1 properly. I went to the Saturday Family day back in 2019, but that's about it. So this year I thought, time at least to go do the Pit Walk.
I tagged along with Linda, her sister and nephew.


So now I have done it. But no, I will not do it again.
I couldn't see the point of it at all, unless you are a die hard F1 fan. Way too much queuing and way too many people for my liking. Plus, it was a really hot day, so we suffered a bit in the queues where there was no shade.


The crews in the pits looked a bit like they were just there putting on a show for the by-passers. Making a little bit of noise here and there with a screwdriver or tyre pressure machine, revving an engine or just walking about looking important.
Some pits were more popular than others, obviously, so this is all I saw of Lewis Hamilton, ha ha, just other people taking photos and movies:


Same at Verstappen's corner:


You get a good view of the track of course, but for someone who lives here and can go and walk the track, or cycle around it at the TrainYas anytime, this was not really a drawing point for me.


Ah well, now I've done it. There you go.
Maybe next year I'll even try go see the race final..!

No comments:

Post a Comment