Wednesday 15 November 2023

Rome - Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna

For our first day excursion we decided to go somewhere that Carin had been wanting to visit herself for a while. I've already seen the "main" sights in Rome, so I was game for anything. So we went to the Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art.


It was a great visit, as there wasn't many other people there at all; and I enjoyed both the beautiful building and the exhibition immensely. The museum offers a view on art starting from the 1800s to today.



I so enjoyed walking around the galleries delighting in new artists to me, and recognising very familiar ones.




The space was amazing, large and airy.


We weren't sure if these chairs were part of the interior, for the museum 'guards' or if they were - art? They were really beautiful nevertheless.



I found many of the same artists we are displaying at the Louvre Abu Dhabi, like Michelangelo Pistoletto:






To end, here's a couple of favourites, Antonio Canova and Giuseppe Penone - and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment