Friday 3 May 2024

This years spring... shift?

Usually this time of the year, I go through a bit of a metamorphosis process. I wrote about how this usually pans out last year.
I have to say, this year I'm not experiencing quite the same urge, as my focus is all together on Linnea at the moment. She is in the middle of her final IB exams (she has done 6 out of 13 exams so far) and it is - and has been for a while - a very stressful time for her, obviously. And for all of us.
The time I usually have trouble to fill as work slows down, is spent at home supporting her in all and every way possible during this time. Mostly by just being here, but that is important enough.

I have actually moved my trusty old best Covid-friend the treadmill into the guest room for a while and started doing some indoor walks. I never really got into to going to the gym here. It being placed in the basement with no windows give it such a "dungey" feeling. I like it better with the view of the sea!


We have also done some spring cleaning around the house. I guess its the old platitude, when the mind is messy - you clean!
We finally got around to clearing out the downstairs bathroom a bit. It had basically just become a dumping room, and was full of all sorts of things that didn't have a place anywhere else. Even though technically we don't need to be able to use it (as there are three other bathrooms in the apartment) we thought it could be nice when we have several sets of visitors at once, which has happened a few times already.
Here's Nathan about half way through the process... ha ha, just when steam tends to run out.


Well, we managed. Now there are still some things in there in one corner, but someone could still use it as a bathroom (as it is huge!), so mission accomplished. What's next..?

No comments:

Post a Comment