Thursday 2 May 2024

I Fablernas Värld

The Cartier exhibition which ran from November to March, proved a fantastic success when it came to visitors numbers. It had well over 250,000 visitors, a record-breaking figure for temporary exhibition visitation since museum opening.

I don't think though that this next exhibition will pull just as many visitors, nor that I will be delivering many tours in it. It is an exhibition which actually surprised me a lot in that I personally wasn't aware of the many different origins of our well-known fables, I have (again) learned so many new things, and I love that! Although it has proven popular to book for schools, otherwise I will probably not tour it much unfortunately.

The other day I delivered a tour in Swedish though, for my trusty SwedishLadies-group who always books a visit in each new exhibition.


All of them were old enough to remember this old children's tv show featuring anthropomorphic felt animal puppets, where each episode was based upon famous fables. It was made in the Netherlands, but was very popular in Sweden, where it was called 'In Fablernas Värld'.


We had a nice morning together, in the world of fabels!

No comments:

Post a Comment