Wednesday 15 March 2023

My off-day project

Behold - my off-day project! The Great Wave of Kanagawa by Katsushika Hokusai, in LEGO!



Lego started making these LEGO Art sets in 2020, such a cool theme. This particular one was released in the beginning of this year, and I just thought it looked awesome! We have one of these prints at the Louvre Abu Dhabi, and it's a favourite of mine. So I decided just to go for it, and ordered one of these sets as a gift from me to me.
It has been standing around for weeks waiting for me to have a quiet afternoon to enjoy it and finally the other day, it was time!



One of the coolest things with this LEGO Art-set is that it has a QR-code on the box, and when you scan it you will find a soundtrack to listen to while building the set. It's a tailor-made soundtrack that includes interviews and stories about the artist, and this particular work. Such a fantastic idea! I listened to it twice over actually, and will probably listen again - to take notes!



This soundtrack turns the whole building process into a relaxing immersive experience. I really enjoyed building, while disappearing into the world of the art curators and Lego designers speaking in the soundtrack.





And look - here we go! 1800+ pieces later, and I had finished my LEGO Art-version of The Great Wave of Kanagawa! Awesome!


I even found the perfect space for it straight away, on top of our new cabinet! Beautiful addition to our home decor. Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment