Monday 13 March 2023

Adding new touches

The main reason we went to Sharjah the other weekend, was actually to order some new furniture.
I felt like our new living room was lacking something, so I wanted to go back to Luckys, where we previously have got our entrance table, bookshelf, glass cabinet and sofa table from. They have a great selection of all sorts of furniture, and I had spotted some nice rattan things on their Instagram I wanted to take a closer look at.

I wanted to get rid of this IKEA glass table, as I didn't quite think it fit in that spot. We already have one the same next to the dining table so it felt like enough glass. I wanted something more organic here so - here is the this corner before:


Here is after! We got this beautiful rattan cabinet, which is not completely stocked yet, but it looks amazing, don't you think!


I also wanted to get something else instead of this IKEA laptop table that we have been using as a console table, first behind the sofa, and lately along the window:


My idea was a wooden side table, but as we browsed around in the Luckys warehouses, Nathan came up with a new idea. Why not get a high bar table, so we (well, he) could use it to sit there in the mornings and enjoy the view? Or for the time of the year when it's too hot to use the balcony and the furniture outside?
So ok then... we got him a bar table:


He's as happy as! Although we are still fighting over if I'm allowed to place "knick-knacks" on it or not...

Linnea actually also browsed through the furniture very quickly, and found a bookshelf in just the style she has been looking for. She had one of our old, small Billy shelves before; unfortunately I don't have a before picture, but here is after:


Looks really nice! The black matches her mirror, and the wood gives some warmth to her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment