Tuesday 14 March 2023

Lately at work

Almost every day I arrive to work, or during my work day, I take photos of my work place. I mean, how could you not?! This dome, this light. It just never gets old.
Look at this amazing shot I managed to grab of the 'Rain of Light' just the other day..!


I had an external tour on the weekend, and my guests (who were repeaters, I already had them on a tour just two weeks ago) arrived bringing me a gift! How lovely, and surprising! Looking forward to enjoying this 'Golden Dreams' tea!


The museum stands as a backdrop for many events throughout the year. Just recently it was the Forbes 30/50 summit one evening, which had a long list of distinguished participants. Unfortunately I didn't get to tour any of them, only passed the beautiful set-up arriving while arriving to work in the morning.

On the other hand one afternoon, I got to meet Lucas Bravo, an actor from Emily in Paris who came for a tour. My French colleague Termy took him around the museum, but I got to thank him for entertaining me through the pandemic lockdown when I binge-watched Emily in Paris; and we had an interesting discussion around this painting behind us by Pierre Soulages.



You might have noticed a theme in this post... - all my COLOURS! Today I was told I looked like a "Spring Explosion" at work..! Ha ha!


Here I am in action, this morning I was delivering an Architecture Tour; which is slightly different than the normal tours, as we don't talk about art at all, just the building, and everything in and around it:


We had a nice team lunch today, as we were celebrating Ann's birthday. It's quite rare that the stars align and we are able to sit down all together in the team like this, so I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment