Monday 30 January 2023

Sting - My songs tour

Nathan and I went to the Sting concert on the weekend. Absolutely unbelievable that Sting is 71 years old. He was giving his all, a real rock star performance.


To the difference to the previous concerts I have been to lately, here I could actually sing along to most of the songs. He started out strong with Message in a Bottle and then Englishman in New York right after, so the crowd really got going from the get go. Everyone was singing and dancing around us.


There was many highlights for me, Fields of Gold is one of my favourite tracks with Sting and it was beautiful to hear it like this in a big arena. I also enjoyed his duet with his son (who looked and sounded just like him!), and how his harmonica player got to shine in Brand New Day.


But the song that made the roof lift was, not surprisingly, Desert Rose.
Oah, chills...!


The concert lasted almost an hour and a half, and he managed to cover every decade of his long career with his set list. So happy to hear so many Police songs, as well as the later music. The crowd was hyped throughout, it was a fab concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment