Saturday 21 January 2023

Birthday Bonanza

This year, my birthday was all about me as there was nobody else to sing for in the morning... a bit odd indeed... It was an early wake-up, as Linnea had to go to school and Nathan to work.


I got some nice gifts, such as a pretty little label maker, a new perfume (that Lucas had sent down) and - a spray for our kitchen sink! Ha ha, I got so excited, but it ended up not fitting in the end... argh.


I had to put up my own decorations, and since Pia was here she took care of cooking the morning pancakes for the birthday breakfast, while everyone else got ready for their day.


Pia had also brought the special cardamom buns, and some mandelmassa, so we could continue to celebrate the day with semlor, yum!


And she had also packed some bubbly and Swedish snacks that we enjoyed for birthday sundowners on the balcony:

In the evening, we dressed up warm and walked (such a novelty!) over to Al Bandar and Desert Lotus, the Thai restaurant there, to have birthday dinner.




A rather quiet but nice birthday, gearing up for the big party the following day. Happy last year in the 40s to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment