Sunday 27 November 2022

Moving out...

Oh my, it has been intense lately, I feel like I am only now able to sit back and take in the fact that - we have got a new home!

To shift house might not be a big deal for many. Here I know many who have done it 2-3 times. But I am a creature of habit which is part of the reason we stayed for so long in our old house. I am not a big fan of change, or things out of my control.
We have moved across the world several times together, Denmark to UK, UK to Brunei and Brunei to here, so moving usually is a big chore. The biggest challenge this time wasn't the moving distance, but doing it during quite a short time span.
We decided to move, started looking for, found a house, and did the move - all within just over two weeks. All while both working like crazy, as this month is a really busy time in Abu Dhabi!
No wonder I am sitting here wondering where the month of November went!

We had movers in to do all the packing for us, so I hadn't done much in advance before they came early Monday morning. Just prepared boxes with the things we wanted to pack last, and unpack first; and our packed our valuables in suitcases that came with us, rather than in the moving truck. The packers brought all packing materials, boxes, padding and bubble wrap, and of course they are professionals, so they were super efficient.



Like Nathan said "It's like an army of angry packing ants going through the house!" It took them around six hours, including a short lunch break, to pack up our hole four-bedroom house. Impressive!

All I had to do that day really was to be on hand, so I mostly sat in the kitchen with my coffee, and was amazed at their efficiency.

That night, we slept on our mattresses on the floor, and had left the kettle, tea bags and powdered coffee out so we could have coffee in the morning at least.
Because the next day was not as relaxing as this first part - Tuesday was moving IN day!

No comments:

Post a Comment