Friday 29 April 2022

Iftar at the Oasis

Every year I try to go to at least one iftar during Ramadan. Although now I'm saying out loud that next year I will try and do one each week of Ramadan - because they are always really, really nice!

This time I did the 'Iftar at the Oasis' at Park Hyatt, together with a couple of colleagues/friends - Kathleen and Karina. We were dressed for the occasion of course, we fit right into the bedouin themed setting!



As we were a little bit early, we took the opportunity to walk down to the beach and have a little photo session in the beautiful "golden hour"-light.



I was just gifted this gorgeous kaftan earlier in the week by my friend Petra who is (sadly) moving back to Sweden in the summer, as she didn't think it would come to any use back home. Just my colours, and perfect for this occasion!



A groupie shot of me and my "liliput" friends...


... then they made me take a step down from the boardwalk to make it more fair on them! Ha ha!



Once the sun had set and the cannons had been fired, which we watched on big TV-screens, it was time to dig in! The food was absolutely delicious, food always tastes much better when you are outside, and it was a glorious evening with perfect temperatures, in fab company!






We had such a magical evening, what a beautiful setting this was, like straight out of '1001 nights'! With Eid coming up this weekend, I am now already looking forward to next years Ramadan, and iftars!

No comments:

Post a Comment