Saturday 27 November 2021

Ready for Advent

Tomorrow is 1st of Advent and it took me almost all of the weekend to get the house ready, with breaks here and there of course. I'm mostly on my own in decorating as Nathan is a Grinch and the kids only gave minimal assistance, Lucas with putting up the Christmas tree and Linnea with dressing it.



I love dressing our tree, as it is full of memories from our travels and adventures. Almost all the ornaments have a story and it's always nice to relive them. Here are a few examples:

 Brunei Darussalam and Netherlands.


France and Japan.


UAE and Greece.


Australia and NZ.


Denmark and England.


Italy and Sweden.


Russia and Seychelles.


Spain and Scotland.

This year reminiscing made me more sentimental than happy, as it seems like it's been forever since we last explored somewhere new, and who knows when we will be leisure traveling again. Even though things have improved, with the new 'omicron'-mutation it certainly feels like "here we go again", and like Covid is here to stay forever.

I think what made me extra sad today was that I was supposed to be in England this weekend for my very good friend Anna's 50th, but that, like so much else, didn't happen either. Covid sucks.
But at least the house is ready for Advent!

No comments:

Post a Comment