Saturday 4 September 2021

September sucks

First week back, and first week of the school year done. We have two rather tired teenagers in the house, the early mornings hit them hard, ha ha! At least they are back in routine, which they actually seem to enjoy.

For me September sucks. It's just a long, long wait, above all for better weather, that's the same Covid or no Covid. But at the moment I am also holding out for more changes in restrictions so that it will be easier for all tourists to return. I miss working and really hope this season will bring some more work.

All my UNI courses have had their kick-off introduction seminars this week and I have ordered all the literature I need. This term I'm studying three courses: 'Women artists and the Surrealism', 'The perspective of Renaissance' and 'Costume- and Interior history'. But I must admit, I'm not as excited as I have been previously for my studies. I do still have the hunger for deepening my knowledge, but - I really miss working... So badly! I want to USE and share all the new knowledge I have acquired, not just stuff my brain with it. I. Miss. Work.

So, I'm currently just spending my days managing the laundry, the grocery shopping, the cooking and all the other boring stuff. It's too hot to be outside to be playing padel or going for walks. It will all have to wait a few weeks. In the meantime I make real good use of my 'Escape Room', having that is the only one good thing with not having visitors.

Nathan is still on leave, and went out to see some friends last night. Lucas went to the movies on Thursday and to a Challenge Chamber yesterday with his friends. Kids and I went to the mall today to do the groceries and some other quick jobs, but other than that we have just been having a really lazy weekend which was well needed.

And because I know I'll enjoy reading about what we once ate in the future, I will keep writing down our weekly menus, for me, myself and I! This week we have enjoyed:
Lamb keftedes, tzatziki and couscous with vegetables
Pork loin, mashed potatoes and bearnaise sauce
Fish pie
Pumpkin, chicken and pine nut risotto
Take-away sushi
Pasta with skinny carbonara
Roast dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment