Monday 6 July 2020

Maximising my wardrobe

Throughout these past many months of staying safe at home and with oceans of time, I've been systematically going through the whole house, sorting, clearing out, cleaning etc. Admittedly mostly in the beginning so I guess it's almost time to start all over again though, ha ha!

Another thing I've done since I've had an unlimited amount of time on my hands, is to use an app to digitize my closet. This is something I have been wanting to do for a while out of pure curiosity, and because I do like lists and statistics; but never have gotten around to as it initially takes quite a bit of time when you start logging.


No, I'm definitely no fashionista, nor a 20-something influencer or anything like that, but I still like the idea of easily and purposely see all my clothes like this, in this app. I like the idea of becoming more mindful when shopping for clothes, and getting the clothes in my wardrobe to work harder.

The app is called Stylebook, and I have to say it's pretty great!
It doesn't need to be time consuming to use it, but since time hasn't been an issue for me, I have gone pretty much full on with it! I have been taking every aspect of the app very seriously and I also do use most aspects of it, but the app can be used differently of course depending on your dedication.

Being slightly obsessive, I have been going through everything in my wardrobe to log it. You can choose to enter product images if the item is still to be found online, or take your own photos. You can then include the size, fabric and brand for example, and the cost of the item. Sometimes it's hard, especially if it's an older piece of clothing, but I've really tried to be as faithful as possible.


Every day I then add to the calendar what I am wearing that day. You can paste the different pieces of your "look" together and create these fun outfit "flat-lays" (I know, I know, too much time on my hands!) if you want to, or just log each item separately.



Thanks to doing this, you can then use the statistics function within the app. It will let you know for example which pieces you wear the most, the least, what colour you wear the most, which combinations you like AND - you can see the cost-per-use for each item.

I have even been going through photos from years back to enter those outfits too, in order to make my stats more accurate. Although many of my clothes are actually rather old, so the cost-per-use will never really be 100% exact.
Anyhow, it's actually super interesting to see, and I'm having a lot of fun with it! Now to add an item whenever I buy something new doesn't take long, so it's not that time consuming anymore, just fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment