Saturday 11 April 2020

Quarantraining

One good thing which will come out of this quarantine is that I am very close to being in the best shape of my life! It's a real shame it took a pandemic for me to get there, but there.


Buying that treadmill last spring was a really good decision, and now more than ever I am eternally grateful that I have that option. I know people are getting real creative with their home exercise, I've seen people running marathons on their balconies and in their tiny gardens, using the stairs in their houses and all sorts of things; but I'm so thankful I have that treadmill - I use it every day. (I did have a little spill off it the other day, but that's the only time. My own fault too for trying to read a book while using it...)
Usually I go on it for 1-1,5h before taking on different exercise videos I find online. Luckily I got in before the big rush and managed to order some dumbbells of Amazon, but I also use the mini bands and other home exercise equipment we have at home.


I have convinced my friend Carin in Rome to also jump on the bandwagon with daily exercise and we have been taking turns in choosing our daily workout video. It's really fun cause we have tried all sorts of things, core workouts, HIIT workouts, Zumba, circuit trainings, yoga, etc; quite challenging at times. Plus it's always good when you are accountable to someone else!


These past few days Carin and I, thanks to Zoom, to exercise together(-apart), her in lock down in her apartment in Rome, and me in home quarantine here in Abu Dhabi to videos with our favourite Swedish YouTube PT Sandra Friberg! Great fun!


I managed to get myself some new shoes on the very last day before all the malls shut down, look - with go-fast-stripes and everything!


Considering we will most probably not have any visitors any time soon, we decided to do a reshuffle in the guest room to create a bit more space for my home training. Now I can watch TV while I'm on the treadmill, play Wii Sports with the kids, and there is enough room for all my moving about in front of my exercise videos. I'm very pleased!



Also, opposite to what I believe, many others who are spending a lot more time at home these days, this quarantine lifestyle actually suits me and the way I eat. I don't graze through the cupboards or eat out of boredom. To the contrary it's a lot easier for me to make healthy choices and eat well, when I have full control over each and every meal.
We have planned our weekly menus together lately, and for the first and only time have actually been able to stick to them, thanks to nobody having any other plans (...). Having a plan makes the grocery shop easier, and the usual "what's for dinner?"-stress has been eliminated.
Probably yes there has been a bit more comfort food and a few more treats than usual, at an increasing rate each week, all around; but considering the current circumstances I think we deserve them!

No comments:

Post a Comment