Wednesday 12 December 2018

Linda & Stefan Day 2

Nathan got home early in the morning and while the kids were at school we had planned to enjoy the outdoors for a bit. Linda is a keen kayaker who has participated in two kayak marathons back home, so she wanted to go kayaking while here. I wanted to explore the mangroves, so we killed two birds with one stone and booked a guided kayak tour from the Eastern Mangroves Promenade.



Super smart changing rooms on the dock!




Oh, it was such a great few hours! The others had a bit more power in their paddling but I managed to keep up alright even if I was busy down the back taking photos.



The best part was the paddling into the mangroves. Apparently we were lucky as you can't go in there if the water is too low. The water was incredibly clear.



I must admit though I got a little bit disappointed as the tour was described as a "Guided tour through the mangroves", and I had presumed it was actually guided, as in the guide would tell us more about them. Unfortunately they just meant it was guided, as in the "let's-go-this-way"-kind of way.
Next time I will try another company and see if they do more actual guiding.



On the way back we did a short photo stop on a beach. Great views of the city skyline from here:





No comments:

Post a Comment