Saturday 20 July 2024

#USABMNT

The USA Basketball Men's National Team has been in Abu Dhabi the past week to warm up for the Paris Summer Olympics. The star-studded team came to play two exhibition games, one against Australia and one against Serbia. Lucas was lucky to get some cheap tickets from a friend, so he brought Ben on Monday to see the USA-AUS game. Best timed BeReal in a long time!


The players were invited to soak in the emirati culture while staying here, and they were spotted visiting the SZGM, playing golf at Yas Acres, riding the roller coasters at Ferrari World - and of course, we had the honour of a few of them visiting the museum as well.

I did several tours this week with different people from the NBA, starting with Bam Adebayo. I wonder if I got the tour because I'm the tallest mediator in the team... ha ha!


He was so very kind to all the fans that approached him, and in the end when I told him that my son had really enjoyed the game the night before he said: "Give us your phone and we'll take a photo for your son then!". So this happened:


I also had the pleasure of giving a tour to NBA legend Steven Smith.



These type of tours are always a bit special. Not because of the celebrities themselves, they are always lovely and generally very interested and inquisitive, like Mr Smith. It's more because of everything around them, the fans, their entourage, the extra security sometimes and in this case, the media team that is there to document. Pressure! We were filmed and photographed from every angle, and I actually ended up on Visit Abu Dhabi. (See those movies on my Instagram @scandinavianguideabudhabi)

No comments:

Post a Comment