Wednesday 3 July 2024

The Horsham Art Trail

Horsham really is a town where a LOT is going on! All the time it seems!
This weekend, there was also an Artists Art Trail set out all over town, and its surroundings. This was the last weekend of two, so I was lucky to time it with my visit.

Linda and the girls left early, early Sunday morning; so for the last few days it was just Anna, Maya, Linnea and I. We decided to go explore the Art Trail together, lured the girls with fika along the route!


Anna had a map, with all the places where we would find artists. Some we could walk to, like this amazing garden in the Causeway in central Horsham, where there was 4-5 different artists showcasing.


The rest we had to drive to, but I am happy to say, the girls were ALL into it. They kept track of the map, and were curious at each new place we stopped at, to see what we would find.


Some places it wasn't just the artists works we could admire, but the gardens! Like this one for example, out in Mannings Heath.




We did find fika, luckily!


There was all sorts of artists, sculptors, printmakers, jewellery designers, up-cyclers, ceramicists, textile artists and photographers. So much inspiration!



It was such a nice day out! Driving around the countryside, and just enjoying ourselves and the admiring the surroundings.


I did get myself a small souvenir! This little vase was labeled 'Spring Bunny' - but I kind of think it looks more like a cute sheep! (Ears too short for being a bunny!). I really love ceramics, I think its my favourite form of art, especially that I enjoy bringing into my home.


Isn't he cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment