Thursday 4 April 2024

An April 'snow punch'

Over the weekend it had been lovely weather. I could go without socks (I HATE socks!) and wear only a t-shirt. Our Monday dinner was enjoyed on the terrace in the sunshine. It was so lovely!


But jokes were on us, as April in Scandinavia can also look like this:


Yup! The following day we woke up to - as they say - a "snow punch"! A total winter wonderland had emerged overnight, and the snow didn't stop!! It continued to snow all day long... lucky we weren't going anywhere! A slightly different view from the terrace this afternoon.


But the next day as it all calmed down, we had to clear the yard to make sure we could get out if need be! Luckily my parents own a big snow mover, which is the perfect help for days like this. Just look on top of the rubbish bins - we had got about 40 cm of snow, all in one day!!


This is how the yard looked like when we got started:



The snow reached all the way up to the top of my wellies!


The snow mower got a good run!


I focused on finding the car:


Sure, it is beautiful with the crisp, clean snow glistening in the sun... but, not what I wanted in April! I wanted spring, with sun and colourful flowers..!


At least I found the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment