Sunday 16 October 2022

Busy busy busy

It has been a busy few weeks at the museum. I have been doing all sorts, from giving tours to celebrities and VIPs to school classes, from delivering tours in English and in French, to training for the new exhibition. One evening I took part in a special after-hours event, the glittery top and the high heels had to come out!


A few of the latest MOOTDs (Museum Outfit Of The Day, ha ha!), trying to bring some colour sometimes!


I also gave the very first tour in the new temporary exhibition that was inaugurated this week. I was there all day for the Members Preview Day on Tuesday, to give tours to the members.


This is an absolutely fabulous exhibition, and a first in many ways. It's the first time Impressionism is brought to the Middle East at this scale, and it's the largest amount of Impressionist paintings ever to leave France for an international exhibition. We are showing over 150 artwork in collaboration with Musée d'Orsay, many, many fantastic masterpieces that are so exciting to present!



Terminale, Kathleen and I supported each other throughout the day, as we were all giving our first tours. They came and shadowed my tour, Termy and I followed Kathleens, and Kathleen and I helped Termy with her time management through her first tour.


It was really nice to see the exhibition "come to life" with the visitors pouring in, and it was lovely above all to see how they interacted with the art. If we are going by the comments at this event, this will be our most popular exhibition for sure.
I was so proud of myself for rocking my tours. I don't think I have ever got that much good feedback and that many positive comments by so many participants in the same way before.


Considering how much we have been training for this exhibition, and after all the studying we have done (during what feels like day and night lately), it was also so much fun finally getting to present the exhibition. I so enjoyed telling the story of Impressionism, which sure is an exciting one, one of rebellion and courage.


The "Charlies Angels", Termy, Kathleen and I, were also in charge of the mediation at the VIP Opening Evening. We donned the heels and dressed up once again, and did the team proud mediating for all the fancy guests. Yay us!

No comments:

Post a Comment