Monday 4 December 2017

Christmas on it's way

I wasn't too sure how much I was going to decorate for Christmas, since we will be spending it in NZ this year. Although thinking about it, I realized there is still a lot of December left before we go, so I decided to bring some decorations out for the first of Advent.
Like our 'julbock' and the calendar light, of course:


But... once I started unpacking, I felt sorry for the Santas I didn't place, so in the end most of them came out anyway, ha ha!
This is a new one for this year, which I bought in Sweden at Falkängen in May


I even found hyacinths at IKEA, mmm, that smell!


Here are this years' new Christmas tree ornaments, a handmade ceramic fish from the Kronan Museum in Kalmar, and a gekko from Brunei:


A red robin on a Christmas pudding, a gift from my friend Anna in the UK, and a handmade glass bauble from the glass blowing hut in Taupo, a gift from Nathan's parents:


I love December, the preparations and the anticipation of Christmas. We start each morning by the calendar candle, and when we have time we watch the daily episode of the 'Julkalendern':

No comments:

Post a Comment