Friday 26 December 2014

Like a wrecking ball

When I was a child, my family had a tradition to make different gingerbread houses every Christmas. My dad was truly amazing at creating different kinds of houses. One year he did a copy of our very own house, car and camper wagon, scaled down perfectly and decorated in detail with every tree in the garden in it's right place etc.
Another year he did this one:


The houses were always left to stand all through December and most of January, until my birthday - when my friends and I were allowed to go at them at my birthday party, with a hammer, and then eat them!

As you know the kids and I just do the easy IKEA houses - and even though I didn't want to keep the houses for another four weeks, I wanted them to have the fun pleasure of smashing them to pieces! So yesterday we took them outside for the wrecking job!
Smash! Smash! Smash!




No comments:

Post a Comment