Wednesday 21 May 2014

Girls around town

I had a really nice day today together with my friend Nina. She was so kind to take a break in her studies today to show me around some of her favourite places in downtown Abu Dhabi.

We started with a lush breakfast at Nathalie's, a gorgeous coffee shop which I will most certainly return to many times more! Yum, just look at this gorgeous food!


Then we continued into town, we had a look at the plant market, the fruit & vegetable market, we passed the fish market and the carpet market... we went to a cool kitchen gadget shop and to a furniture shop in the industrial area a bit similar to the one I like in Sharjah:


We also went to a very fancy furniture and home decor shop, probably one of the most fancy home decor shops here, The One. So many lush things, I was in heaven!
I got my eyes on this lamp I want to get for our living room..:


The One is also the only reseller in the Middle East for the very popular Swedish ceramics brand Mateus, and that too was cheaper here than home! Shame I'm not a big fan though...


Before picking the kids up we went to a new mall for me, the Abu Dhabi Mall, and had lunch at a Lebanese restaurant. Nina's husband is Lebanese, so I let her order, and we had the most delicious and super fresh wholewheat roll with zaatar and vegetables. What a great day! Thank you Nina!

No comments:

Post a Comment