Tuesday 6 May 2014

First post

I've mentioned before that one of the downsides with Abu Dhabi is that there are no street names and no addresses, which makes it a bit tricky when you are trying to explain to people where you live...
Also, this means that there is no postal service here, to your house. Everyone uses post boxes, either at the post office, but mostly through their work. Our one is at the Etihad HQ.

I did send out a "We have moved"-email to friends and family, but I actually didn't even bother passing out our new postal address. Most correspondence happens via email nowadays anyway, I hardly never get any post anymore, not even for my birthday...
As long as people have our email addresses and mobile phone numbers, we can be reached easily. (If anyone would like to physically post something to us, let me know and I'll give you the address..! :)

I do like getting mail and today I did get my first post, an Easter card from a friend in Denver, and the latest Zumba DVDs. Good to know that they reach me here too!

No comments:

Post a Comment