Monday 5 June 2023

Shit happens

After one of many really long days at the museum last week, I had one even longer evening... Thursday night I left the office at 5.30pm, but didn't come home until well after 9pm...
Hitting the motorway, I noticed that my car was giving me a master warning, telling me with all red flashes and ding-dongs that it was overheating. I pulled over at the side of the road, and didn't quite know what to do.

Nathan told me Chad was in the city, and was about to drive home to Dubai; luckily for me he hadn't left yet. Like a knight in shining armour he picked up some water and came by to fill up the cooler.


At first it looked like it worked, but as soon as I tried driving off, my temperature gauge hit top high again; so I stopped at the side at one of the highway substations. No more option but to call Roadside Assistance, and wait.

At least while I waited I could explore the mangrove plantations going on just to the side:



And - I got to admire a beautiful sunset..!



It was 35 degrees outside, but luckily in the middle of the Saadiyat motorway there was quite a breeze so it didn't feel too hot. I just had to keep wait and wait, because the Roadside Assistance took its time.


Finally, I was saved and now the car is in the garage. Final verdict hasn't come yet, but maybe I'll go with Lucas who thought "Might be time for a new car..!". My Beast have been good for me, but it is nine years old, and I wouldn't mind a slightly smaller car now. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment