Sunday 26 June 2022

Inspiring young minds

As we are approaching the end of the month of June, we are also approaching the end of the school year, and for me - the end of the season. Normally I actually don't work much at all during neither May nor June, but thanks to my position within the Education Department at the museum, I have been working steadily throughout every month this year. 

This week I reached another milestone at work, as I delivered my very first school tours! Kids scare me more than the adult visitor do, so this was a big deal for me. Also, not only was it the first school tours I did, but I did them... in FRENCH!
But you know what - it went really really well! Yay me!
Yes, thoroughly tooting my own horn here, but so proud of myself as I got glowing feedback directly from the teachers. As a bonus - I actually had so much fun and really enjoyed the interaction with the kids! The visits this time were with groups of Grade 6s (12y olds), and they actually impressed me a lot with their thoughts and input during the visit. They inspired me just as much as I hope to have inspired them.


Today was my last work day in the museum before summer holidays. Luckily I was scheduled to spend it with my partner-in-crime, my best colleague and work wife, Kathleen. We had such a lovely day, as we truly share the same love for this job!
We are both already looking forward to coming back and sinking our teeth into the next season! Ha ha, after having done school visits - in French - we can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment