Saturday 22 January 2022

Birthday bonanza!

Our first-born is now considered an adult - he just turned EIGHTEEN! Can you believe it?! Oaw!
Although it's a special number, it was a birthday like most others - with singing and gifts in the early morning. First we woke Lucas up:



Apart from the pending drivers license, he also got a new pair of shorts, a jacket, some cash to buy shoes (as he couldn't decide which ones he wanted) and a cleaning kit for his computer keyboard. Mormor had sent with a couple of 'Skarastakar' (traditional candle light holders made in my home town) and Auntie Nikki got him some games for his PS.



Then it was my turn:


Balloons! I LOVE balloons! Celebrations need balloons!

 
 
Birthday pancakes for breakfast:


Even our TV celebrated our birthday, ha ha!


I got some special copper mugs for Moscow Mules, a nice little blue handbag and air tags; and I also got some cash to bring to the Goldman for a specific necklace I would like to have made, eventually.


Linda came by and really surprised me, with some beautiful flowers that made me so happy. Look at these stunning colours, so joyful!


After school we had some Swedish birthday fika with a Princess Cake that I had ordered from a local bakery, Let's Fika:



In the evening we had decided to test out a new restaurant for us, down in the Mina port area. I had read great reviews about it, and sure, the meals were great - but... I had missed that it is a DRY restaurant... which was rather disappointing on a birthday evening actually. So steak and sparkling water for dinner.



We ended the evening with a walk along the new Yas Bay area. We were looking for dessert, but gave up and went home and had ice cream and Moscow Mules instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment