Saturday 1 May 2021

25 April - 1 May

Sunday and ANZAC Day and padel got canceled again. We are a bit vulnerable when it's just four of us that have it booked in, once someone has a last minute issue. But no biggie, I jumped on the treadmill and watched Lets Dance (= Swedish version of Dancing with the stars) instead.
Then Nathan and I went to sort out our new sofas, had a look both here and there and ended up ordering one at IKEA and most probably decided on the other one from Homecenter. It's all coming together. Next is to decide on wall colour and book the painters, we collected two quotes today.
In the evening I went to a very giggly Game Night with red wine and lasagna served up, and the others at home had grilled chicken for dinner.

Monday and a really fun padel game this morning. A lot of long, good runs. I am starting to reach my limit though, it's really hot and I've suffered head aches for the rest of the day the last few times after playing. Let's see.
Nathan went to work and I prepared the last things before the painters come, and decided on paint scheme (eeek!). Pulled pork soft tacos for dinner with a bit of Vem bor här? on the TV with Linnea.

Tuesday and Nathan and I were both up way before the alarm. I didn't sleep particularly well, I guess there is too much going on at the moment (compared to how quiet life has been for the past year) so there is a bit of overload in my mind.
I had a seminar today in my "other" Uni-course, about non-Western art, and today we discussed Japanese manga. So fun! I knew nothing about manga so really listened carefully, and after the seminar I dove right into the assignment. Beef ragu and macaroni for dinner when Nathan got home from work, and some last preparations for the painting team for tomorrow.

Wednesday and BIG day around the house. Painters started early in the morning and maintenance team came to work on the water pump box in the garden. The cleaners turned up in the afternoon and since the rest of the house was chaos they did a top-to-bottom kitchen clean. Add to that the usual deliveries and you understand that me trying to do anything else than just sit in the middle of it all supervising and answering questions, was pretty much impossible...


Love Linneas choice of colour! I must admit I was dubious at first, that it was going to be too dark, but it turned out really great. Especially since she is only having it on two walls.


I managed to exercise late afternoon when Nathan was home again, and then I took the kids for their PCR-tests, and then Linnea and I took off to order the second sofa and get a new armchair for her room. We were in such luck, exactly the one she wanted was in the "As-is"-section at IKEA for less than half the normal price! Good thing my car is a beast, so we could just chuck it in the back with no trouble at all!
Hot dogs at IKEA for dinner on the run!

Thursday and such an exciting day as the painters were now starting downstairs. I was so nervous, but so pleased once the colour went up, it was just as I wanted!
Our new TV arrived and it got mounted in the evening once the painters had left (apparently the wall was dry enough they said). So we could have fläskpannkaka (thick pancake with pork) for TV-dinner!

Friday and Valborgsmässoafton and all morning and most of the early afternoon was spent moving furniture and things back into place. We are still waiting for the things we sold to be picked up, for our new sofas, for things to go back on the walls, and other things, but it's starting to give us an idea. I like the one side of the room, the other might take a bit more moving about... not sure.
After a quick workout Linnea and I took Lucas to the mall as he was meeting his friends to go to the movies. Linnea and I did another IKEA shop-up, and filled the car with new rugs, some curtains, my new reading chair and some other bits and pieces. Then we brought home Burger King for dinner. Linnea mounted my IKEA recliner all by herself! It's coming together slowly. It's not all done but you can get a small taster of one corner:


Saturday and so thankful both my weekend mornings have started with coffee in bed. The simple pleasures and a great start to the day.
The day went with more moving, sorting and fixing around the house, and exercising. Nathan and Lucas went with Valle and Henke to the shooting range and tried shooting clay targets for the first time. They had a good time and came home to pasta and meat sauce for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment