Thursday 25 February 2021

Going drifting

Almost a year ago I participated in a competition on Instagram, you know the ones where you "like and tag" a post - and I won a racing experience on the Yas Marina Circuit! Then came Covid and everything closed up. We've also had Yas Island shut down repeatedly for the UFC Fight Island, and of course, for the F1 race in December. So I hadn't really got around to redeeming my prize, until now!

This evening we had booked in for the experience, which turned out to be a Chevrolet Drift Passenger Ride. It was for two people, and both Linnea and I were happy to let the boys do it. Linnea and I stayed watching from the balcony.

Nice sunset over the circuit:

Many people getting ready for different kinds of driving/riding experiences:

Here's the car the boys were going to drift in:

Lucas all geared up and ready to get in:


And off he went! Lots of smoke, and very loud noises!


Then it was Nathan's turn:


They both liked the experience very much! I think we are lucky that Lucas is not old enough to do his driving license here, as he might have gotten a few new ideas..!

No comments:

Post a Comment