Thursday 24 December 2020

Christmas Eve 2020

We decided to go out for lunch on Christmas Eve and save our Swedish Julbord to in the evening. I had seen that the café Linda and I went to a while back had gone all out with their decorations for Christmas, so I thought it was a good idea to go there to get a bit of a wintery feeling. 



Their decorations were really lovely, a Winter Wonderland in the middle of the desert! But unfortunately it seemed that their popularity had got the better of them as we had far from the same excellent experience as last time. Coffee was now served in paper cups and food was served with plastic cutlery; the things we wanted to order weren't available and the service was a shambles... a shame really, but there you go.

We ate and went back home to enjoy some afternoon snacks in front of 'Kalle Anka och hans vänner önskar God Jul' at 3pm. As you should, if you are a real Swede (... or a real Swede over a certain age..!)


Did a Zoom with Mormor and Morfar, who were having their Christmas coffee in the sunshine!



In the evening we enjoyed my Swedish Julbord, and I must say - I was so proud of myself! Since IKEA didn't have any this year, I had had to cure the mustard herring from scratch (and it was sooo yum!). I had also made 'gubbröra', and Christmas spiced meatballs, a real Janssons and a really delicious salad with brussel sprouts, pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries and bacon. We also had ham and sausages, of course.











God Jul from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment