Thursday 21 May 2020

Corona Diary, Day 69-73. Ninth week of home school

Day 69, Sunday 17 May
When I asked Linnea did morning if she had slept well she said she had been having trouble falling asleep last night, "because there is nothing to dream about"... Oh, how I know exactly what she means... Another week starts, another Groundhog Day.

I did a very early outing for essentials today as I had heard that IKEA had got 'Kalles Kaviar' back in, finally! MOST essential for a Swede! But, there wasn't many left apparently, so I made sure I was there at opening this morning - and yay, now I can last for a few more weeks of this, easy!
It's the little things.


I felt very "housewifey" today preparing dinner already at lunch time. I mean, it's not like I don't have the time, but I had nothing else to do really. Made it really easy late afternoon too when everybody got instantly hungry! Sheperds Pie, mmm!

Day 70, Monday 18 May
Another night of really bad sleep. I walk around a bit in a daze every day anyway these days so I'm not sure how much is caused by the bad sleep, but I've really had enough of not sleeping.
I still managed to get a short but sweet workout in this morning before I head off to the mall. I've realised that 25-30 minutes is better than nothing, often that's actually all I do. But if I use the time wisely, it still gives me a good workout and I still get sore the next day. Yesterday I found myself doing squats and lunges in the kitchen while the potatoes were cooking, who AM I even?!

Today it was time for groceries, but before heading to Carrefour I had a coffee with a friend in the mall square. It was so nice to chat and talk about all sorts, and hear her share her thoughts and her feelings about all that's going on. All anyone can do of course is speculate and guess about what's next and how things will evolve, but it was interesting to hear someone else's speculations too.

Day 71, Tuesday 19 May
Some days are more fun than others to sum up.
Today didn't contain much more than an hour and a half on the treadmill and a couple of Zoom-calls. I also baked a foccaccia, took a nap, cooked dinner and watched 'Fast & Furious 5' (we have done one each evening for the past week). That's about it.
Another day in this thing we call life.

Day 72, Wednesday 20 May
I had a slow start this morning but finally got going and had a good workout Tabata-style today. Still so very very grateful for my exercise space and equipment.


Today was also cleaning afternoon, as... Nathan is finally back home tomorrow after his three weeks in the hotel! Yay! Another 'Fast & Furious' installment tonight together with one of my favourites for dinner - dahl - and then today was done.

Day 73, Thursday 21 May
Nathan is home!
Now he needs to do home quarantine for the next two weeks (...) but at least we are all together again. Celebrating with having slow cooked lamb shanks all day, can't wait for dinner, it smells divine! Take-out night have moved until tomorrow instead. We are on a long weekend this weekend because of Eid, not that it really matters... we will still just be here, doing more of the same things we've been doing for... 73 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment