Wednesday 18 September 2019

Life goes on

As much as you feel like the world should stop turning when something like this happens, it doesn't. Life goes on. We do too, get up in the mornings, get the kids to school, Nathan is working and I get on with my things. We do our best to keep up, one day at a time.


Last night I went for dinner with the tour guide gang. It was really nice to catch up again after everybody's been gone for the summer, even though it was also a sad occasion as it was a farewell for one of the girls; actually one of the best guides Abu Dhabi has - Anne. We will all miss her terribly, she's been like the Mother Hen of the group, always there with a good story, advice and support.




At least September is nearly half done, and I actually have my first tour of the season already this week. I'm so excited to get started again! It is a Louvre Abu Dhabi tour, so I have spent quite a few days lately recapping all the information, adding in the new knowledge I've acquired over the summer and studying the newest temporary exhibition there "Rendez-vous à Paris". I joined the training on it, run by the curators, really interesting:


They've rehung a few paintings and other pieces during the summer, and there is also a new installation 'Für die Air', now the big piece in the last gallery:



I have also spent a lot of time studying the building much more extensively this week, as the tour on Friday is with a group of architects.

Finally I am also in full swing with a university course I've chosen to enroll in this term. It's a full time course actually (not sure what I was thinking?!) at Uppsala University - Art History A. SO MUCH to read and learn, but so right for me - I love it! The Modul 1 examination is coming up in only a few weeks, so I'm working hard on that... reading... reading... I feel like my brain is on fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment