Saturday 24 November 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

After the Christmas Market, we continued the festive celebrations at our ex-neighbours (now in Motor City, Dubai), with celebrating Thanksgiving.




Chad and Kristen have had us over for Thanksgiving for many years now, sadly this year Nathan missed out once again, but the rest of us sure ate for the whole family..! The menu was extensive, as always... and very... bourbon infused...




It was the usual suspects, with a few new additions. It's nice to see them every now and then, unfortunately a lot less often since Kristen & Chad moved to Dubai, but still.
It was the first time I saw their new place, which they moved into over the summer. I got so, so jealous of their amazing balcony, look, it was huge!


Aiden had read about Thanksgiving and wanted us to go around the table and say what we were grateful for. Everybody had very nice things to say, but Linnea touched me the most when she said: "I am grateful for my friends and family, and I'm grateful I have everything I need".
She made sure afterward I knew she still wants Christmas presents, ha ha, but it felt really good that she has clocked the difference between 'needing' and 'wanting' and was able to put that difference in words.

As the sun set, there was "Cornhole"-games being played while we tried to digest the main course enough to be able to enjoy some lovely desserts.


Om, nom, nom, nom! The dessert table, with amongst other things, Chad's famous Maple Bourbon Bacon (Oh yes!) ice cream, mmm!


And we all even got given take-away boxes ready made up for us, with artwork by Aiden - 4 years old. I particularly liked our one, that's Nathan on the right, Lucas next to him with the flat hair, then Linnea and on the far left with the big head - that's me! Cause obviously - I'm the boss!


Thanks guys - we are thankful for you!

1 comment: